Emails have become the norm for business and personal use. Many of your customers want to hear from you, and when you ask them for their email, there is a good chance they will give it. An email marketing strategy with set goals in your B2C efforts will allow you to nurture potential patients toward their next hair restoration surgery, and this customer needs nurturing.
Email marketing is an essential business-building strategy that is a must for the type of patients you will serve. Consistency and a good email service provider make email marketing work. Since time is money, you want to be efficient.
What Are the Types of Email Marketing?
There are several different types of email marketing, and understanding them will be important to your strategy and goals. The best sales strategy in email marketing is to be 80% educational and 20% promotional. Don’t be like the used car salesperson and only send fire sales or ‘buy now’ emails. This is the fastest way to an unsubscribe.
In the hair restoration segment, you can provide a lot of education consumers need, such as:
- How many people are affected by hair loss
- What are the most effective non-surgical options, surgical strategies, and combination therapies
- How hair surgeries work
- What causes hair loss
- How you make the procedure most comfortable during and after
- The problems solved after hair has been restored
- Happy patient stories
- Further education you received or what you learned
- Share an article from a medical magazine highlighting the industry
- New advancements in the segment
- FAQs you commonly encounter in consultations
- A short video of a procedure in action, etc.
By sending educational information, you inform patients, build trust, and demonstrate that you have their best interest in mind (a service mindset). You are also portraying that you know your stuff (credentialing), as well as providing a valid excuse to show up in their inbox, and maintaining interest, so they don’t unsubscribe.
For the remaining 20% of your emails, you can be promotional. That entails a very clear “limited time,” “don’t wait,” or “buy now” offer. This type of email is intentional – you’re asking future patients to buy in at that moment. Please ensure you include a very clear call to action (CTA) similar to “schedule your pre-procedure plan now.”
How Do You Effectively Use Email to Communicate with Clients?
Set the goals you want to achieve. Then, to execute the strategy to achieve those goals, I highly encourage the use of an email service provider. These programs provide the automated tools to reach your customers and provide you with valuable data efficiently. They learn about the customer based on their types of responses or if they are not responsive. It takes the human guesswork out of it and utilizes algorithms for the best results.
A highly rated email marketing tool is Active Campaign. It is very intuitive and learns the responses from each individual potential patient. The tool offers a 14-day free trial offer and a free demo to try it out.
Active Campaign has email templates, automated emails targeted to the customer, and a segmentation strategy for sending the right content to the user. It also helps you stay compliant with federal email marketing requirements. There is also an A/B testing feature proven to send the email that will receive the most opens.
With all the capabilities of Active Campaign, you can focus on your email marketing goals, which will help to grow your hair restoration business. Below are five goals that will be easier to accomplish with an automated email marketing service:
- Grow your subscriber list
- Increase your click-through rate (CTR)
- Reduce your unsubscribe rate
- Optimize your send time
- Retain current customers
Below are three content suggestions specific to hair restoration designed to influence your future patients to schedule their hair restoration procedure:
- Email your past hair restoration patients! Schedule emails targeting your nine to twelve months post-procedure patients with an invitation for their next procedure. Many men return for two or more.
- Storytelling. Highlight a past patient’s journey back to a full head of hair. Videos of their journey have the most impact, but before-and-after photos of the process will work, too.
- If you offer services to women, you can target that group with a campaign to help influence the men in their lives. Women have brothers, uncles, cousins, boyfriends, husbands, and friends who are losing their hair. This would be like utilizing a “word of mouth” campaign in your email content.
Active Campaign will help you build the strategies, set up segmentation, and customize the message to better reach your customers. The more you customize marketing emails to an individual’s needs and interests and establish a regular communication strategy, the better you can nurture them through the sales funnel and onto their next procedure.
In the best interest of your hair restoration business,